Monday, March 30, 2009

El Principio del Fin

Friday brought the first departure of a FSD intern from my group. I can't believe that 2 months have already gone by in La Plata. I feel as if I am just starting my project. From now until I live, we will be having a going-away celebration every week for an FSD intern. Time is flying. Anyway, we celebrated the going-away of our dear friend, Charlotte, on Friday.

It started with making some going-away granola.

my lovely Colombian chica
my best "Martha Stewart" pose
This was a super yummy, tropical batch with lots of shredded coconut, chocolate chips, dried pears, dried peaches, prunes, raisins and nuts. Yummy!

That night, we headed to Charlotte's host family's house for a FEAST! Her host mom had been cooking for 3 days and it is a pity that I didn't get a shot of the spread. It was a very Argentine assortment of food - pizza, breads, random things with ham and cheese (Argentine classic). The desserts were off-the-wall - we are talking dulce de leche to the extreme! Square bars with coconut and dulce de leche, chocolate mousse cake with dulce de leche topping and vanilla cake layered with dulce de leche. I couldn't decide on the winner of the dessert contest, even though I tried very hard by sampling each one numerous times :)

Charlotte and me

No Argentine gathering is complete without some dancing and music.

After the group headed to a "bar" (in quotes, because I am not really sure what it was) to see my friend, Manu, play with his band.
Manu is on drums

There were some interesting characters at the "bar"
including the Virgin herself
and this guy, no words can describe...

I called it a night after the show. An early ending in Argentina at 2am.

No comments:

Post a Comment