Friday, April 3, 2009

Pan Mulitcereal

Last Saturday, before heading out to Punta Lara, I realized that I didn't have any monedas (major problem) for the bus. So, I headed into a dietetica (health food store that sells dried fruit, grains, nuts, etc.) and bought a scrumptious-looking loaf of multi-cereal bread with sesame, sunflower and flax seeds. We munched on the bread all day at the beach and I brought the rest of it home, where my family asked me why I bought bread for diabetics. I wasn't really sure what they meant, but they pointed out the sticker on the side of the bag that explicitly states: "mulitcereal apto diabeticos"
Oh, the Argentines and their "nutritional" beliefs...

1 comment:

  1. this looks like sausage... which you should be eating more of right now, multi grain bread will always be here for you but a good hearty sausage is harder to come by.

    ReplyDelete