Tuesday, February 3, 2009

La Manifestacion

Saturday, I participated in a "protest" with Biosfera (I put "protest" in quotes, because technically I am not allowed to participate in any protests as an FSD intern). Well as for my first and last "protest" with Biosfera, I thought that it went very well. We gathered early on Saturday morning. Then, we walked with signs to a pedestrian street in the center of city and distributed pamphlets. The pamphlets contain information about a new industrial park that is going to create lots of pollution right in the middle of agricultural fields.

some examples of the signs...
"less industrial park is more pure water"
map of park site

Our "protest" made it into the local papers.

my picture even made it in one! can you see me?

how about now? oops, sorry FSD!

No comments:

Post a Comment